Petite Señoritas and Maxi Dresses - Tips on How to Make it Work

I was browsing some magazines today, looking for a suitable get up for a pool party I’ll be attending this weekend when I saw Kim Kardashian looking so  sassy in a maxi dress.  This señorita is really hot!



Then I realized… a maxi dress is the perfect outfit for the pool party! What are the ingredients for a perfect pool party? Hmmm...a couple of glasses of orange granitas perhaps?A set of naughty two-piece bikini underneath so in case I accidentally fall on the water, I can pull off just the dress. Wink* wink*

But do I need to wear heels? What about my super-ultra-flirty--and-strappy-wedges? Should I wear those, too? READ MORE




Okay...Lemme go over Styletips101's Checklist for Wearing Maxi Dresses for Petite Women like me.

  • Choose a style that is well cut and avoid tent-like diaphonous skirts, to prevent being swamped.
  • In Zoe Manzi’s Daily Mail article, “Maxi dresses – the must-haves this summer “, she advises shorter women to “avoid being drowned by your maxi by making sure your dress is well cut and in proportion with your petite frame. Keep things fitted up top and avoid an overly voluminous skirt.”
  • “To stop a full, long skirt from swamping you, teem it with chunky heels and a fitted waistcoat.” is the fashion advice from In Style magazine, UK Edition April 2007.
  • Choose a close fitting empire line maxi dress which flatters most figures.
  • Choose a sleek, stylish A-line or bias cut, as this style flatters shorter silhouettes
  • For extra height, dresses can be accessorized with patent platforms, wedges or feminine toe-covered sling backs. 
  • Set-off these dresses with long, chunky jewelery and this season’s over sized shades and bags.
Inspired by Kim’s maxi dress, I am currently on my search for the perfect maxi dress that would enhance the upper part of my body. Plus, by wearing a maxi dress, I’ll be able to hide my shapely legs which I don't care to expose unnecessarily.  After all, summer is already over. But the maxi dress is here to stay!

What do you think señoritas? Ain’t my plan fabulous?







Petite Señoritas and Maxi Dresses - Tips on How to Make it WorkSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

7 comments:

WAHMaholic 10:01 AM  

i don't own a single maxi dress but lately i've been salivating over them! i think it's about time i buy at least one for myself ^^

Genefaith 1:47 PM  

Thanks for the tips..this article makes me inspired to get a maxi dress for myself even i'm short and not too skinny..he..he...

Genefaith 1:50 PM  

BTW, thanks for flooding my blogs with your wonderful comments..wish i can do the same here..i will if I got time:)

Angela 2:26 PM  

i adore maxi dresses for the summer and into fall. it is just so chic and easy to wear.

osenorita 6:08 AM  

@WAHMaholic and @Genejosh : Thank you for dropping by. And pls do check out our shop also at http://orangesenorita.multiply.com.

@Savvy Gal: I adore them as well. They're versatile; you can wear them at the beach or for a night-out with the girls. :D

Mommy Liz 12:22 PM  

hi there, thanks for always visiting my site. I thought I had left a comment on this post. I don't have the luxury to shop for nice outfits anymore, with 6 kids around, I go to thrift store, :( I am a fan of plain and solid halter tops though :)

http://alexajeanne.info

raqgold 5:07 AM  

i am a fan of maxi dresses but since am petite, it isnt always easy to find one that fits and doesnt swallow me. and my little girls? they love my maxi dresses, too so they use them as princess dresses :-D thanks for passing by my blogs!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and posting your comments and/or suggestions. Please LIKE our Facebook Page after posting your opinions.

Stay witty, naughty and sassy! (",)

About This Blog

Orange Señorita Shop is an online store which caters to witty, naughty and sassy females. We only sell products that we love and those that we love to recommends to our amigas.

To start shopping, please go HERE
COPYRIGHT 2011 Orange Señorita Shop

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...