Tips on how to keep our skin mosquito-bite-FREE

While filming Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides, Penelope Cruz had to go to remote locations to shoot the film. Señoritas, this hot momma was pregnant during the shoot but she still looked gorgeous! I’ve been to remote places as well to get some adventure and the not-so-good-thing about these going off to some remote places are…insect bites! READ MORE


My friends and I have invented several ways to shoo away mosquitoes and other insects when we go camping on remote areas. Señoritas, when you see lemongrass or neem tree around, you can use those to repel insects.  Neem is said to contain limonoid compound azadirachtin, as well as the compound gedunin that ward off insects. 


While lemongrass contains citral compound that interferes with the pheromones of insects, causing physiological distress. What we do is when there is available neem tree or lemongrass around, we place the leaves in the bonfire to burn. 
Lemongrass

Neem tree


When they are not available, we use insect repellents for our skin. Unfortunately, the DEET contained in most of these repellents emanate unpleasant chemical odor. I’m sure some señoritas can relate to what I’m talking about. Then I discovered Human Nature Bug Spray. This is a new product from Human Nature and 100% of the profits from the product will be used to fund the development of sustainable livelihood of Filipino farming communities. Great, huh?! What’s greater is that it uses one of the repellents that my friends and I use---  lemongrass! Human Nature Bug Spray also contains citronella oil (another insect repellent) and virgin coconut oil (excellent skin moisturizer). The scent is also wonderful because it has rosemary and lavender essential oils. You’ll love it but mosquitoes, ants, and bugs will hate it!

Tips on how to keep our skin mosquito-bite-FREESocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

8 comments:

niko 4:29 PM  

thanks for this info. i super dislike mosquitos after baygon spray i would usually light our candles with citronella it helps our home mosquito-free :D


Anyways, maybe you like to check out my mini-giveaway and join!
http://nikoganda.com/2011/07/win-nivea-products/
thanks!

Cielo of Brownpinay 5:38 PM  

we are also using human nature products and I am loving it...every mom's best friend.....

Liz 12:03 PM  

Great tips! I didn't know she was preggo when it was filmed.

mymy 12:31 AM  

love products that are not only useful/effective, but helps the working communities, too!

Arlene @ Food Quote 6:47 AM  

and who love mosquitos? much more with mosquitos that bites. ^^ thanks for these tips. we have lots of tanglad in our home.

thanks for dropping a comment at my pizza post. ^^

The Pepperrific Life 11:33 PM  

I have that Human Nature bug spray too :). Although my daughter hates the smell hehe

osenorita 8:05 AM  

Thank you for the visit, guys! I love hearing from you.

Mommy Liz 12:11 PM  

I didn't realize that you can use lemongrass as insect repellent, I know that you can use it for cooking too. I am so glad that I am not an outdoor person, I am allergic to grass and weeds, so when I go out, my allergy makes me miserable. Thanks for always visiting my site. :)

http://alexajeanne.info

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and posting your comments and/or suggestions. Please LIKE our Facebook Page after posting your opinions.

Stay witty, naughty and sassy! (",)

About This Blog

Orange Señorita Shop is an online store which caters to witty, naughty and sassy females. We only sell products that we love and those that we love to recommends to our amigas.

To start shopping, please go HERE
COPYRIGHT 2011 Orange Señorita Shop

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...